The contract shall be governed by the conditions contained in it, overriding all previous. The PORTUGALRENT reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice. PORTUGALRENT (known as "Lessor") rents to CUSTOMER (referred to as "Renter"), according to the terms and conditions of the leasing, that CUSTOMER acknowledges, agrees and, with his signature on it, is obliged to observe and respect.
PORTUGALRENT terms and conditions are printed in the back of each contract. Read it carefully.
MINIMUM RENTAL PERIOD
The minimum rental period is one day (24 hours).
In the act of vehicle renting, the driver must present a valid driving license, identity card or passport valid and Contributor number.
To rent a car, the driver must be at least 21 years old and over a year of driving experience for groups Economic and Low Cost, 25 years with three years of driving experience for the other groups. For drivers with age between 19 and 21 years old or more than 65 years old have an extra cost on rental.The rented vehicle can be driven by another driver (Additional driver), which will be charged a fee.
The rent is valid in all continental Portugal territory.
If the client wishes to travel to other countries, should select the option out of the country (extra), with an extra cost. The rented vehicle can not move out of Portugal without the authorization of PORTUGALRENT. If the customer decides to leave the country without PORTUGALRENT’S authorization, he will lose the right to assistance in travel, as well as the full coverage insurance.The Exit without authorization and without payment of the supplement, the driver will be penalized for 3 € for each Km traveled during the rental period and will be responsible for all damages that may occur in the rented vehicle.
DELIVERY AND DEVOLUTION OF THE VEHICLE
The delivery and devolution of the vehicle will take place at the premises of PORTUGALRENT. The customer has the opportunity to deliver or collect your car in one of three main airports in Portugal (Lisbon, Porto and Faro), with a surcharge. If delivered In another place not stipulated, and where the distance to the place justified, will be charged an extra amount for this service.
If the customer wishes to deliver his car between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., you must pay an additional fee (fees out of hours), with an extra cost.
These costs are included in the final price of the website, provided that the respective hours and locals of pick up and drop off are selected.
In individual cases, the PORTUGALRENT can give to the customer a similar vehicle that was reserved or one for superior group.
The vehicle to rent will be inspected upon delivery and devolution by a PORTUGALRENT employee and by the customer. In vehicle devolution and after the inspection, if any defect is found in vehicle (crashes, scratches) in its operation, or the lack of any backup, which was not due to accidents covered by insurance will be charged to the customer.
If a customer wishes to make the rent extension, he should communicate with Portugalrent, at least 24 hours before.This extension will always be subject to the PORTUGALRENT approval. In case of early return of the vehicle, PORTUGALRENT not make any refund.
The PORTUGALRENT working hours in city offices are Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00 and from 14:30 to 19:00. On Saturdays are from 9:00 to 13:00. On Sundays and holidays we are closed. In Airports, we are on Monday to Sunday at any flight schedule.
The estimated cost of renting a car will be paid at time of booking. valid credit cards are accepted: Visa, American Express and Master Card. The holder of the credit card must be present when collecting the vehicle.If you want to make the payment with other means (bank transfer, debit card or other) should contact the Central Reservation by phone +351 21 716 93 88 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVERS & CIVIL RESPONSABILITIES
Prices include limited civil responsibility insurance (doesn’t include baggage) and fire. The prices can include accident damages, vehicle total robbery or partial robbery, within the limits of franchise, to employ at the beginning of the reservation / rental. PORTUGALRENT is not responsible for theft or deterioration noted in the client objects that are inside the vehicle. In case of theft of all or part of the car, the customer undertakes to inform the PPORTUGALRENT by telephone within 24 hours, as well as participate in the Police authorities.
PORTUGALRENT is not responsible for the following damage to the car:
Tire damage, punctures, tire disruption, wheels, windows, mirrors, tools, interior of the vehicle, under the vehicle, damage to the clutch or damage caused due to the mistake in the fuel that is supplied. It is always the driver's responsibility to pay the amount of such damages.
For the driver is exempt from responsibility for any isolated damage that could affect the car windows (Windscreen, rear windscreen, sunroof and side windows), may request as extra the single car window breakage, with an extra price. PORTUGALRENT provides also a service Assistance 24 hours: in case of breakdown or accident, Portugalrent ensures transport of the vehicle and its occupants, to the nearest Portugalrent station. It also ensures a replacement vehicle, equal or similar. Assistance 24 hours costs €10 /day.
The PORTUGALRENT not take the responsibility for fines and legal expenses related to offenses on the road, which are the responsibility of the driver during the rental period, the same being charged/sent to the driver or company/customer that awarded the lease.
FRANCHISES AND FRANCHISE REDUCTION
In the act of picking up the car will be required a security deposit (franchise), whose value varies with the vehicle group booked, to ensure the costs of possible damages caused or suffered on the leased vehicle. In pickup Act, a deposit will be required (franchise) in credit or debit card, the amount of which varies depending on the group of the reserved vehicle to ensure costs related to possible damages caused or suffered in the rented vehicle, passes by toll gantries automatic, parks, fines or other charges. After checking and no damages or costs such as fines or other inherent in your rental contract, the deposit franchise will be refunded through the same medium (credit or debit card).
When the customer book the car there is a standard franchise amount (included by default in the rental of any vehicle) that varies according to the chosen model. The customer, when making the simulation / booking of the car in the website, will have the indication of this value for the chosen car. The customer can however opt for franchise reduction. The amount payable per day will vary depending on the model of the chosen car. PORTUGALRENT offers three franchise reduction options: Portugalrent Franchise Medium, Portugalrent Franchise Premium and Portugalrent Franchise Reduced. When making the simulation or reservation on the website, the customer will have the indication of reduction options and the amounts payable per day according to the chosen car model.
- Portugalrent Franchise Standard
The customer can however opt for franchise reduction. The amount payable per day will vary depending on the model of the chosen car. PORTUGALRENT offers three franchise reduction options: Portugalrent Franchise Medium, Portugalrent Franchise Premium and Portugalrent Franchise Reduced. When making the simulation or reservation on the website, the customer will have the indication of reduction options and the amounts payable per day according to the chosen car model.
- Portugalrent Franchise Medium
- Portugalrent Franchise Premium
- Portugalrent Franquia Reduzida( Reduced Excess)
In any of the above Franchises are not covered the costs of the following damage to cars: Damage to tires, punctures, tire burst, wheels, windows, mirrors, tools, interior of the vehicle, under the vehicle, damage to the clutch or damage due to the mistake in the fuel that is supplied. It is always the driver's responsibility to pay the amount of such damages.
In Reduced franchise option in case of accident or injury, you always have a process of opening cost in the amount of € 85.00.
COVERS & RESPONSABILITIES
PORTUGALRENT offers a Personal Accident Insurance for Car Occupants (APOV):
- Portugalrent Basic of APOV
Coverage for damage to third parties for capital € 3,250,000.00 and corporal damages to the driver of € 1.000,00 (cost of treatment) and € 5.000,00 (death or permanent disability). The cost of insurance is what is stipulated in the table. This insurance covers only the driver and the insurance is the basic, included in the rental car.
The PORTUGALRENT offers two additional options to Personal Accident Insurance for Occupants of Cars (APOV):
- Portugalrent Gold de APOV (Cover for the driver and all vehicle occupants):
Coverage for damage to third parties for capital €10.000.000,00 and for personal accidents to occupants of the car of € 1.000,00 (cost of treatment) and € 10.000,00 (death or permanent disability). The cost of insurance is what is stipulated in the table. This insurance covers the driver and all occupants of the car.
- Portugalrent Premium de APOV (Cover for the driver and all vehicle occupants):
Coverage for damage to third parties for capital € 50.000.000,00 and for personal accidents to occupants of the car of € 1.500,00 (cost of treatment) and € 15.000,00 (death or permanent disability). The cost of insurance is what is stipulated in the table. This insurance covers the driver and all occupants of the car.
In case of accident, the PORTUGALRENT reserves the right to charge the customer for the damage repair costs caused when:
- There is improper use of the vehicle rented by the customer that will not meet the previously agreed conditions
- The client does not send the PORTUGALRENT within the deadlines previously established, the completed accident report ("Friendly Statement accident" or "Claim Report");
- The property damage resulting from the customer that did not evaluate correctly the vehicle height.
- The damage involve, as a consequence, the immobilisation of the vehicle.
The PORTUGALRENT reserves the right to demand an customer compensation, taking into account the number of precise days to repair the vehicle.
After expiration of the lease, the customer agrees that PORTUGALRENT perform charging through the available payment methods (credit card or deposit), charges by the following situations:
- Where it is established that the vehicle, upon return, is inappropriate, requiring an extra cleaning service will be charged a supplement up to a maximum of €160 .
- In all situations which may occur charges due to immobilisation of the vehicle resulting from customer action, namely, loss or theft of vehicle documents or keys; delivery of documents / keys of the vehicle to a different station of expected return station, or any other detention situation of the vehicle, the customer must indemnify the PORTUGALRENT up to a maximum of € 250.
- Whenever the vehicle has to be towed a result customer improper action, he is responsible for the transport value of the vehicle.
- Any costs caused due to damage to wheels, tires, glass, mirrors, tools, inside the vehicle, under the vehicle, damage to the clutch or damage caused due to the mistake in the fuel that is supplied.
- The costs associated with tolls, former Scuts, penalties, fines, traffic violations, regulations and other violations of the laws in force in contract duration concluded with PORTUGALRENT are the customer's responsibility.
LEGISLATION ON THE COLLECTION OF TOLLS ON SCUT
In view of the publication of legislation on the collection of tolls on SCUT and having been provided that the responsibility for compliance (acquisition of Registration Electronic Device - DEM and pay tolls when using the roads) is the users, we inform, as tenant / customer (s) vehicle (s) PORTUGALRENT identified on the rental agreement, which should take steps for the timely and proper compliance. As mentioned in the legislation in force, the failure of compliance with this will originate the opening infraction proceedings by the competent authorities, whose responsibility will be the (Tenant / Client) and that will result beyond the applicable fines, an administrative cost for each process administrative offense.
The PORTUGALRENT reserves the right to charge the customer an administrative cost for each case administrative infraction and / or communication with the respective authorities in the amount of € 35 (thirty-five euros) to be charged by PORTUGALRENT the respective process management .
Also for processing the passages PORTUGALRENT reserves the right to apply an administrative cost associated.
BREAKDOWN AND ACCIDENTS
All vehicles are delivered in perfect working order, equipped with all accessories, showing no apparent defects. In case of breakdown or accident, the client undertakes to inform the PORTUGALRENT by telephone, within 24 hours, in order to the team PORTUGALRENT can advise the customer and track the entire process. If it is necessary, advises the client to call the Travel Assistance and/or Police authorities.
The fuel is not included.The customer must return the vehicle with the same fuel level which had at time of delivery. When the vehicle is returned with the fuel level below that which had at the time of delivery, will be charged to the customer a refueling cost and the importance of the missing fuel.
The return of the vehicle with the fuel level above what was at the time of delivery is the responsibility of the client. PORTUGALRENT is not obligated to any refund.
- If the customer opts for this promotion, for logistical reasons, he will need to contact us until 24 hours before the date of vehicle’s delivery.
- The payment of fuel tank must be done in act of vehicle’s delivery, according to the price set in the fuels market (We multiply the fuel’s price (in date of delivery) approved by ISP by the maximum capacity of the fuel tank of the vehicle reserved).
- If the customer opts for this promotion, he waives to fuel refund that is in the vehicle at the time of return.
- This promotion is made by Portugalrent safeguarding the interests of customers, providing a service that suits your needs, easier and simpler, with benefits in time and price for both.
Note: For rentals of 6 or more days, the customer has to pay the fuel tank (Option Full/Empty), for Economic groups.
All vehicles can be fitted with some optional extras with an appropriate charge. All costs relating to the choice of additional extras will be included in the final price, since when are selected booking.
Additional extras available are:
- GPS – All PORTUGALRENT vehicles may have a GPS device. To take advantage of this equipment there are additional daily costs which may vary according to the model of the car. When making the simulation or reservation on the website the client will have the indication of the additional value for the chosen model. GPS allows location and geographic orientation anywhere in the country.
- Wi-Fi – The PORTUGALRENT provides a wireless portable device that allows access to the internet anywhere. You have the possibility to connect up to 5 devices simultaneously, limited at 180 Mb per day. The value of this service has an extra cost.
- Via verde (Toll Device / Tolls) - The PORTUGALRENT created a new service that consists of placing an electronic device in the vehicle. With this service we try to provide you greater convenience and easier access to acceding parking, circulation on motorways and former Scuts (toll roads / electronic tolls). The tolls / toll roads and parks will be sent within 30 days after the end of the rental, and the payment is made through available means of PORTUGALRENT (including credit card or deposit). Adherence to this service will have a daily charge.
- Baby chair <13 kg –To carry a child in a vehicle is necessary to have a baby chair according to the age or the child's height. The PORTUGALRENT can equip the vehicle with the proper baby chair for the child. This chair is suitable for children weighing less than 13 kg and the age of 12 months. You will be charged a daily amount by the equipment to a maximum of € 50 per rental.
- Baby chair 9-18 kg – This chair is suitable for children weighing between 9 and 18 kg and older than 12 months. a daily amount by the equipment to a maximum of € 50 per rental will be charged.
- Baby seat 15-36 kg – This chair is suitable for children weighing between 15 and 36 kg. a daily amount by the equipment to a maximum of € 50 per rental will be charged.
- Seat / booster 15-36 kg – This chair is suitable for children weighing between 15 and 36 kg. This chair has just seat and is suitable for children under the age of 12 or with a height less than 150 cm. a daily amount by the equipment to a maximum of € 50 per rental will be charged.
- Luggage Transfer-With Luggage Transfer service PORTUGALRENT wants to provide to all customers more comfort and autonomy in vehicle’s choice. The luggage does not have to be a problem or a limitation in your car rental.
In case of your luggage does not fit in the car that you want to hire, PORTUGALRENT has a service that consists in your luggage’s transfer from pick up location to hotel. This service includes Lisbon and Porto areas(€51). In case of your luggage destination is different from Lisbon/Porto, contact us and we will give you a quote.
The promotions are valid only in indicated dates. If you book the car earlier, but in fact the campaign to date, the values are disclosed at the time of booking.
RESERVATIONS ONLINE-REQUEST CONFIRMATION
By completing the process of a reservation request online, the customer will receive an email immediately, which he confirmed receipt of the same. All bookings will be confirmed within 72 hours and the confirmation of reservations will be made by telephone or email. If there is availability of the vehicle requested, PORTUGALRENT may suggest to customer some changes to the reservation request. The reservation is confirmed only upon receipt thereof
CANCELLATION / CHANGE RESERVATION
Once the booking is made, will apply the following cancellation charges and changes in reserves:
- Changes to reservations after the initial marking, will be charged a cost of € 25;
- Reservations cancellations until 30 days of the beginning of the rental, will be charged € 50;
- Reservations cancellations from 29 to 15 days of the beginning of the rental, will be charged 50% of the total of the reservation
- Reservations cancellations from 14 to 1 days of the beginning of the rental, wil be charged 100% of the total of the reservation
- In exceptional cases (e.g. collection vehicle outside the national territory) may be charged additional costs to the customer, in addition to normal cancellation charges.
- After the start of the rental contract if the customer decides to terminate the contract in advance, the amount corresponding to the days not enjoyed the vehicle (including tax) will be fully retained as indemnity.
- Equally if the PORTUGALRENT decide terminate the lease before the date marked on the contract Customer will be entitled to receive the Portugalrent double the amounts paid corresponding to the days not enjoyed the vehicle (including tax) as indemnity.
O website PORTUGALRENT.COM is available for PORTUGALRENT
Headquarters: Rua Professor Moisés Amzalak N.º4-A/B/C. Telheiras. 1600-648 Lisboa
Social capital: 500.000EUR;
Tax Identification Number: 513014837;
Telephone: +351 21 7169388;
The services covered by the terms and conditions contained in this website are provided by PORTUGALRENT A CAR.
Note: All taxes and fees are included in the law in force.